Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohio State Haskins will be Great NFL QB
(12-28-2018, 12:46 AM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly his struggles are kind of related to the injury to Kupp, people kind of discounted him as just a slot WR but undersell what he meant to the offense. His ability to take advantage of one on one match ups exposed a lot of teams inability to cover the middle of the field.

Bad pocket presence again is an overstatement relative to college QBs in general. He climbs a little prematurely at time but I wouldn’t call it poor. He played behind a bad o line and felt the effects of foot steps. He has stood in and taken plenty of hits while making accurate throws. This really seems like being overly critical and not really comparing to relatively to where other QBs come out at.

Like I said he will come out with a high 80’s grade similar to a Trubisky or Flacco. He will need a scheme fit, someone who wants to be ultra vertical won’t be a good fit but any west coast offense who have incorporated a lot of spread and air raid concepts would work well. He’d be a good fit in Washington but I doubt he goes that late.

Kupp missed time earlier in the year and it didn't really affect Goff or the Rams offense that much.  His absence obviously hurts, but I can't really say that's the reason for the issues.

When we're talking about a QB as a Top 10, Top 5 pick, they are going to get nit picked.  There's such importance placed on the position and the cost is so high for anybody to move up or pass up on one of these guys that you have to be sure.  You very rarely see quality starters slide out of the 1st anymore.  I can't think of any off the top of my head since Russell Wilson.  From a franchise PoV, you're basically either a Top 16 prospect or you may as well be a 4th or 5th rounder, because if you make it to the 2nd, you're a career backup.

Overall, I would put him a bit behind Trubisky mainly because he's less mobile.  As a prospect for the Bengals, I don't like him at all.  He's not enough of a sure thing and doesn't do enough to elevate the guys around him to warrant giving up what we would have to to move up and get him.  He's not a Peyton type QB that elevates the talent around him.  He's a guy that can be a solid starter if you put a good OL in front of him and get him an OC that he fits the system for, at best.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ohio State Haskins will be Great NFL QB - Whatever - 12-28-2018, 01:41 AM