Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohio State Haskins will be Great NFL QB
(12-28-2018, 01:48 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'm quite certain he will be a Top 16 pick.  Grades from year to year are relative, particularly with QB's.  Scouting services don't look smart when a guy they have rated 30th or so goes Top 10, so their grade will always be curved based on where they think they will be drafted.  I'm simply unconvinced that he's going to be a great NFL QB.

Not really, actual grades (not rankings) hold up year over year. McShay for instance (not a fan but his year over years are easy to find) gave EJ Manuel a grade of 76 coming out, however it was well known heading into the draft he'd be a first round pick. He gave Lamar Jackson an 84 grade also knowing there was a chance he'd be a 1st rounder. On the flip side he gave Luck a 99 because coming out he was the best prospect he ever saw. As I keep saying, I think most scouts will slot him in around a 90 rating meaning he is 1st round worthy based on his skill right now with a chance to be an above average to really good NFL QB. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ohio State Haskins will be Great NFL QB - Au165 - 12-28-2018, 02:03 PM