Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump makes surprise Christmas visit to troops in Iraq in first trip to combat zone
(12-27-2018, 03:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My source is interaction with the Military Community on a daily basis and over 30 years experience in the field.

Military folks will go with the one who supports fully funding the Military. Of course they will balk at various trivialities.

Just providing an insight. Take it or leave it: I care not.

Without reading anything who do your think folks that have a large College debt will side with?

Candidate A: Cuts Military spending to fund a college debt relief program

Candidate B: Fully funds Military spending and holds students fully responsible for their debt incurred/

??  I'm always reading something.   Trivialities?? like disdain for POWs and political deployments to the border?

Based upon my 30 years of experience interacting with the military community on a daily basis, I would say there is considerable overlap between people with college loan debt and the military community. Also, regarding the Army at least, there are are people who are not happy at all when they hear a president disparage POWs and Gold Star families.  And they sense when a commander in chief doesn't know what he is doing. As his policies impact military families negatively in service of politics rather than national defense, you'll find plenty in Navy and Air Force as well who put country before paychecks and pork in military budgets.  Marines will be the last on board, but they'll be on the anti-Trump train eventually.

I would further say you'd have to be reading something--and believing it--to assume Trump is for a fully funded military and Democrats are not.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2018/10/15/support-for-trump-is-fading-among-active-duty-troops-new-poll-shows/

[Image: 3VOYRDE25BAUZJ36AFEEFS7HJ4.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump makes surprise Christmas visit to troops in Iraq in first trip to combat zone - Dill - 12-28-2018, 03:21 PM
RE: Trump - BakertheBeast - 12-03-2019, 07:27 AM