Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump makes surprise Christmas visit to troops in Iraq in first trip to combat zone
(12-28-2018, 12:57 PM)Beaker Wrote: Why do you make the assumption that his visit is for ratings, yet every other president did it because they were a good person?

I'll here take the liberty of adding my reasons to the accumulating pile.

Every other president has not so explicitly and weekly presented his actions as numbers and poll driven-- then waited years to visit troops in a conflict zone until criticism and sagging polls made it appear expedient. (Don't know if you have ever been in one, but conflict zones are notoriously dangerous and full of germs.)  

NO other president has publicly sacrificed ethical principles in foreign policy to potential arms sales.  No other president has disparaged POWs and Gold Star families.

Trump is not a good person and so does not act because he is a good person.

Just for the record, I will say that whenever Nixon visited troops it was with an eye to the polls and political gain.  So not EVERY other president.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump makes surprise Christmas visit to troops in Iraq in first trip to combat zone - Dill - 12-28-2018, 03:49 PM
RE: Trump - BakertheBeast - 12-03-2019, 07:27 AM