Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On this date in Bengals history...
(12-28-2018, 05:23 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: One of my all-time favorite games. Wyche after the game:

"We don't like this team. We don't like their people. When you get a chance to do it (run up the score), you do it. I wish today this was a five-quarter game."

"I just don't like Jerry Glanville. I don't like phonies, and I don't think Jerry is a very genuine guy. The cheap shots they tried after our quarterback was down, their big mouths. Jerry tries coming up and talking to me before the game and when the cameras start rolling he puts his arm around you and smiles behind those dark glasses."

"When your football team is so talented and yet so undisciplined, you got to be ready to get kicked and the score run up on you. And that's exactly what happened today ... I feel sorry for the Houston players having to put up with him. He can take that hit-the-beach stuff and take it back to high school or wherever he got it from. He's a joke."

LOL

I LOVE it.  A coach who says what he means and means what he says.  The guy had brains and heart.

I loved it that Chuck Noll called him "Whicky Whacky".   Sam just kicked his butt.   I love that Buffalo's Marv Levy whined about the no huddle trying to get it outlawed on the verge of the playoffs... then embraced it after he couldn't get the league to scrap it.

He was not universally admired back then, but he backed up his zeal with good football.  And he was a quality person to boot.  Had a heart for the poor and was the kind of guy who knew how to build a team from the inside out.

If he was healthy and he could talk without an amplifier I'd be writing everybody and their mother to make a plug to get him and Jim McNally back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: On this date in Bengals history... - 3wt - 12-28-2018, 06:17 PM