Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doc: 'The Cincinnati Bengals belong to you, the fans'
(12-28-2018, 07:47 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: I'm thinking he's saying (in a very nice way) the very same things we are saying and thinking on this very board. In a nutshell, we deserve more than what we've been getting from our team. Mike Brown, c'mon man; throw us a bone. It's as he said, we're a very forgiving fanbase, and I think (and Mike Brown has to know) that merely turning this coaching staff over would give us hope, and really that's what we need most right now. Would it really make a difference, I don't know; but doing the same thing and getting the same mediocre results surely isn't working. Geez, even the Reds got rid of Dusty Baker, and when that didn't produce the desired results, they're trying something else and...they're in a sport where the competitive balance when it comes to a level playing field is not there like it is in football. I'm starting to understand what it's like for the Browns fans all these years, and now they actually have hope...we don't. As far as moving the team, if things don't change they might as well; I still have fond memories of the Royals and Oscar Robertson maybe it's better that way than to suffer through this. But that wouldn't solve the Bengals problems, people want to back a winner anywhere you go,and the Bengals have the rep of not being one, as well as not trying very hard to be one as well. I truly believe if Marvin isn't gone AND/OR Hue Jackson is his replacement we all might as well throw in the towel and essentially boycott this team until changes are made. If you're child is on a poorly managed Little League or Pee Wee team, you HAVE to suffer through that, but THIS we don't!

Little league and teams poorly managed are temporary.

The Bengals have a de facto GM that hasn't won a single playoff game in 26+ years. And, they refuse to bring in a GM.

I could bring up articles from the early 90's that would still ring true today. Coughlin supposedly wanted to hire more scouts and presumably a GM to come here or be the GM. He questioned whether he could win under this structure. The structure is  basically still the same.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Doc: 'The Cincinnati Bengals belong to you, the fans' - THE PISTONS - 12-28-2018, 09:57 PM