Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump makes surprise Christmas visit to troops in Iraq in first trip to combat zone
(12-28-2018, 06:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And a President's actions are actions. Just see how everyone is supporting his visiting the Troops this holiday season?

In case you missed the point of the question: Folks are responsible for their own actions.

Nope the fact that you disagreed with West's actions does not mean he is/was out of control. Hell, he wasn't even Courts Marshaled for actions in Iraq. But it's easy to say he was out of control when his actions weren't done to try to protect your safety

Some can't handle the ugly truth
There's a movie I recommend for you: It's called A Few Good Men. 

Who is missing the point in your defense of Trump and West?

Is Trump responsible for his actions?  Not if you blame the media for the negative response which follows reporting them.

It's easy to say West's actions were out of control when he had his men nab an Iraqi and beat useless information out of him.  My "disagreeing" with torture is not the criterion for determining whether his actions were out of control, The Army regulations are. And you know this. He was turned in by another soldier and, after being fined $5,000, retired to AVOID a Court Martial. Once again you cover a very negative specific behavior with a general standard/interpretation which dilutes or obscures responsibility--all while claiming "Folks are responsible for their own actions."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2012/9/29/1137904/-Allen-West-Had-To-Resign-From-Army-To-Avoid-Court-Martial-He-s-Equally-Unfit-to-Serve-in-Congress

Military regulations are in place to "protect my safety"; and an officer who flagrantly violates those regulations because he has lost control is not protecting anything. He is increasing risk to his own personnel and mission. That's why he was channeled out of Iraq and out of command--and back to the US to become "your man".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump makes surprise Christmas visit to troops in Iraq in first trip to combat zone - Dill - 12-29-2018, 12:12 AM
RE: Trump - BakertheBeast - 12-03-2019, 07:27 AM