Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I know what might be really hindering this franchise. ( I might be wrong)
(12-29-2018, 08:26 PM)Whatever Wrote: Personally, I go to sporting events to be entertained and for the experience.  Obviously, it's more fun when your team wins.  When the team is bad, they're probably going to lose, so I completely understand fans not turning out to watch bad teams.  For me, when the Bengals have been good, the fact that Marvin can't get it done in the playoffs doesn't stop me from enjoying the game.  Even then, some of the sporting memories that stick with me most are from losses, and I'm glad to have those.  I was at OSU vs Texas in '05, for example.  OSU lost, but it was a great game and the atmosphere was incredible.

Personally, peeps get too worried about agendas and the narratives we create in our heads.  We get too wound up looking at the big picture and don't enjoy the small successes.  

It's not that hard to win fans back, honestly.  The Cavs were basically the NBA equivalent of the current Bengals, then they got LeBron and it all changed.  Seattle wasn't good for years and years, and now they have a huge fanbase.  Same with the Saints.  

Yes and winning instills the culture.

Funny how that works.

That's on the ownership, coaching, on down to the players themselves.

So if the player wants to come here and win those other two factors better be up to snuff and competitive.

Not some broken record of "we've got to do better".

Which none, nada, zip, zilch has to do with the fans.

Every game I've been to they've won. Including this season.

The incredible Dolphins comeback game.

Did I enjoy it? Hell yes I did.

So yes winning was entertaining.

I've been on the other end of that spectrum with the Reds losing time after time and having spent money then driven an hour and a half home pissed.

It got really old.  I stopped doing it and lost interest in the team I once loved.

It was time & money invested by me and my family and it took a toll eventually.

No way. 

No way in hell would I fault people for ripping the Bengals who have spent a lot of time and moolah on them.

If anything that might be payback "entertainment" for themselves.

This team is M. Night Shyamalan of the NFL.

Had some moments but for the most part a waste of time and talent of actors.

They're the expected failure with their own kind of special twists.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think I know what might be really hindering this franchise. ( I might be wrong) - BengalsRocker - 12-29-2018, 11:13 PM