Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let’s Talk About Throwing Deep
Hum, yeah, well, the Bengals suck in more ways than the deep ball. We've seen just how much value Mike Brown places on good offensive linemen and it isn't very much when you look at the contract extension he's given them. The team didn't even bother to offer Zietler a deal and low balled Whit, and both these guys are playing better than our best linemen.

All of the failings of this team can be traced directly to Mike Brown by either his inaction when action is called for or his insane actions when clearly better options are there to be done. Winning is of distant importance when compared to Mikey's mental comfort.

When I read Mike Brown being quoted that he and Marvin agree more often than not on football things I absolutely cringe because it tells me that Marvin knows far less than I've given him credit for.

I fully expect another change over in coordinators, cause the problem just can't be Marvin Lewis, so it must be everyone else. It's like Mikey grading Mikey, he's top notch in his own mind and everyone else is wrong.

What exactly are the chances that this team regroups again next year with new coordinators and some position coaches suddenly beats  Pittsburgh? Or NE, who we play next year? Or the Rams, who we play next year? Or Seattle? Or, God forbid we lose to the Browns twice again?

When I look to the future of this team for next season I see another playoff-less vomit fest.

The easy, and lazy, analysis of the 2018 season is that injuries ruined the season. But when we look back, before AJ Green went down, the Bengals were blown out by the top teams it faced in KC and NO. After AJ Green went down the team was blown out by average teams and it didn't matter if it was Andy Dalton at QB or whoever that guy is in there now (I actually forget his name).

What exactly is this team going to do this off season so that it has a chance to beat the top teams in the league?

I'll answer this now. Whatever they do there's a 99% chance that it won't be enough right things and there will be enough wrong things to ensure whatever right things were done are counteracted. I can say this because in the 26 years since Mike Brown inherited the team and named himself GM he has, 100% of the time, been more wrong than right, and given his absolute certainty that he knows what he's doing there's 0% chance that he realizes he's the guy that needs to go.

That's how I feel about this front office as led by Mike Brown. In my eyes Paul Brown's biggest failure was Mike Brown. Sad really.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let’s Talk About Throwing Deep - McC - 12-29-2018, 08:34 PM
RE: Let’s Talk About Throwing Deep - McC - 12-30-2018, 01:58 PM
RE: Let’s Talk About Throwing Deep - McC - 12-30-2018, 05:15 PM
RE: Let’s Talk About Throwing Deep - McC - 12-29-2018, 08:26 PM
RE: Let’s Talk About Throwing Deep - BengalChris - 12-30-2018, 12:04 AM
RE: Let’s Talk About Throwing Deep - McC - 12-30-2018, 02:07 PM