Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doc: 'The Cincinnati Bengals belong to you, the fans'
(12-29-2018, 06:49 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, here's the issue with that - he knows that 'his way' has never produced a single playoff win, yet he continues to do things 'his way' regardless...which means not firing coaches, valuing comp picks over free agents, not hiring a real GM, not investing more in the modernization and development of the scouting department, etc, etc, etc. 

He has to be painfully aware that his ways haven't worked. He has to be painfully aware that Marvin isn't a big stage coach. he has to be painfully aware that he is not a competent GM. He has to be painfully aware that they haven't won a playoff game in 28 years.

What has he done about it? Which meaningful changes has he made in a dedicated effort to win? The answer is that he has done next to nothing. He's refused to look for another coach that might give the team a better chance. He's refused to hire a real GM or veteran football person to run things. He's refused to go after a top free agent once in awhile. Basically, he's refused to do anything that would require real effort on his part, or that would signal that he's actually passionate about winning.

I agree with those that say that Mike 'wants to win' or 'would like to win'. It's human nature to prefer winning over losing and even Mike isn't immune to that. The problem is that he's not driven or motivated to do what it takes to make it happen. It's like an obese guy would would prefer to be skinny, but continues to eat Little Debbies and McDonalds all day, every day...instead of actually doing something about it.

Mike may very well wish he could win a playoff game, but sitting in his office and daydreaming about it won't make it happen. 

I disagree. While Mike may 'want' to win...I don't think he truly 'cares' about it, or at least not in the same way most owners do. If he truly cared, he would at least attempt to change things up, including his own approach. I mean, does he care enough about winning to hire a real GM, or to fire Marvin, or to sign a couple upper tier FA's?

We now have 28 years of evidence to evaluate how much Mike 'cares about winning'. The evidence isn't looking good brother. 

Great post!!!!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Doc: 'The Cincinnati Bengals belong to you, the fans' - Mickeypoo - 12-30-2018, 10:03 AM