Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let’s Talk About Throwing Deep
(12-30-2018, 11:39 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Quite possibly one of the worst counterpoints I've read on these boards.  A WR very rarely runs a 4.5 second 40 in game conditions - he'd have to be totally uncovered.  WR's are either bumped at the line or have to redirect their routes on go patterns.  A 40-yard dash is just that, a straight line dash from one point to another.  A pattern is never a straight point A to B.  Just a silly counterpoint.

You should read more of the boards then.

Receivers are rarely bumped to any significant change of their route. The discussion is about deep passing. From the time a QB takes a snap, releases the ball and it travels 30-50 yards down field, even the most average WRs are there to attempt to catch it. OP stated that the Bengals simply don't have time to throw deep. Then he went on to say what i confirmed; it only takes 2-3 seconds to release a ball that far down field. 

Where his post breaks down is when he starts talking about secondary or later receivers and it taking 6 seconds to release the ball. That has nothing to do with "not having time to throw deep". As i've stated, it only takes 2-3 seconds to do it. VERY few teams can block for 6 seconds for even a few times a game. If you watch the game today, every time the ball is snapped to Driskel, count one one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand and then mark it down. That's how many opportunities the Bengals will have had to throw deep.

I'll just ignore your observation that my counterpoint was one of the worst you've read because your counterpoint to my counterpoint was worse than your perceived opinion of my counterpoint. I'll just go ahead and chalk it up to laziness or lack of comprehension. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let’s Talk About Throwing Deep - McC - 12-29-2018, 08:34 PM
RE: Let’s Talk About Throwing Deep - McC - 12-30-2018, 01:58 PM
RE: Let’s Talk About Throwing Deep - McC - 12-30-2018, 05:15 PM
RE: Let’s Talk About Throwing Deep - McC - 12-29-2018, 08:26 PM
RE: Let’s Talk About Throwing Deep - rfaulk34 - 12-30-2018, 01:43 PM
RE: Let’s Talk About Throwing Deep - McC - 12-30-2018, 02:07 PM