Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I know what might be really hindering this franchise. ( I might be wrong)
(12-29-2018, 05:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: People just don't get that the fans are also a part of the toxic culture.  

If I was an NFL player set to become a FA and played in one of the many games in PBS where the Bengals were having a good season and there's a ton of empty seats, I sure as hell wouldn't want to play here.  I would understand if the fans wouldn't show up to support a bad team, like this year.  However, when you can't even fill the stadium in good years, I would have conclude that either the fans don't care or they're a bunch of negative losers waiting for something bad to happen.  

The Browns fans lost their team and have been way worse than us since their return, but give them credit, they show up with hope every year.  We dwell on past failures and actively ridicule other fans for being positive.  We've become just as toxic as the organization.  

The Bengals need to make changes to change the culture.  Question is, will we change with it?

Fan support is at or near the bottom in evaluating where a player decides which team to go to. Money, playing time and SB opportunities are at the top. 

A toxic fan base is the result of a team's performance in recent years and fan support, as a reason to choose which team to go to, is only a factor in fan's minds.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think I know what might be really hindering this franchise. ( I might be wrong) - rfaulk34 - 12-30-2018, 02:34 PM