Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ML Gone! Fans Reaction Prediction Thread
(12-31-2018, 12:41 PM)thillan Wrote: I honestly don't know, because this league also shows how important a good HC is. If we had a guy like Andy Reid, McVay, or someone of that caliber, I do think we would be much better. 

But those guys don't come up every year. 

Changing to a better HC would obviously do something though. Keep our team and replace Marv with Bill Beli? Yeah, we are better. But I do think the team needs more talent to compete for a SB. Playoffs or bust in 1 year is a reach for this team IMO. 

Especially considering our division now. The Browns are good, and young. They are a great choice this offseason for HC candidates. Baltimore has a promising group, and another young, talented QB. Pittsburgh dropped this year, but they have showed no signs for us to think that their dominance will magically end.

EDIT: Also, to answer your question: I think drafting improved with a better HC. Yes, I think they have an impact. But scouting and FO? Yeah, I don't see much magical improvement there sadly.

McVay and Reid all brought in 3-4 free agent upgrades when they were hired.

IF say we hired a new coach and brought in 2 new lineman that were good and 2 new LB's...we'd be sitting pretty.

The thing that's tough here too is that our coaches are scouts and handle a lot of the draft. They'll also need to install a new offense and defense. That's a huge amount of responsibilities.

But, someone from the outside might be able to come in and quickly upgrade processes to league standards.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ML Gone! Fans Reaction Prediction Thread - THE PISTONS - 12-31-2018, 12:48 PM
RE: ML Gone! Fans Reaction Prediction Thread - 34inXXIII - 12-31-2018, 02:43 PM
RE: ML Gone! Fans Reaction Prediction Thread - 34inXXIII - 12-31-2018, 03:12 PM