Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ML Gone! Fans Reaction Prediction Thread
(12-31-2018, 01:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Keep in mind 6-10 with major and I mean major injury issues with franchise QB, one of best WR's in the NFL, TE group decimated, LB group decimated, WR group decimated.

My point is the new guy is likely to have a much better injury situation (since our was one of worst in decades of any team) so playoffs or bust. If he makes the playoffs, he meets my expectations. Anything less (unless he suffer injuries like 2018), then failed hire.

I'd buy the injury excuse more if we didn't go 6-9-1 and 7-9 in the 2 years previous.

And for me it's a bit soon to say playoffs or "failed hire". There will be a lot of context provided over the next few months. Are we keeping Dalton? Starting fresh with new players? If we go 9-7 with a promising new QB - and just barely miss the playoffs - you would consider that a failed season despite the progress? I guess we'd differ there.

Also, I think it's funny to give the new guy 1 season to prove himself when Marvin missed the playoffs 9 times. I doubt you considered that a failed hire. I get that expectations were lower when Marv was hired, but we're pretty far removed from the team that made the playoffs 5 years in a row. I think many people (myself included sometimes) still see us as that playoff team. We're not.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ML Gone! Fans Reaction Prediction Thread - Shake n Blake - 12-31-2018, 02:06 PM
RE: ML Gone! Fans Reaction Prediction Thread - 34inXXIII - 12-31-2018, 02:43 PM
RE: ML Gone! Fans Reaction Prediction Thread - 34inXXIII - 12-31-2018, 03:12 PM