Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Oh For The Love Of God, Get This Right Mike!
(12-31-2018, 05:35 PM)McC Wrote: Then why even waste time with a search when all they had to do was yell down the hall?

Yeah, makes no sense the more i think about it. This was my only concern that we were going to hire Hue.

(12-31-2018, 06:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sorry, I just can't get on board with that line of thinking.  Looking at this logically, Hue Jackson chose to jump ship and go coach a division rival, when it was said that he had already been contingently offered the Bengals HC position, upon Marvin's retirement.  Now, Mike Brown has shown to be stubborn and hard headed indeed, but the one quality that he seems to value above all others is loyalty.  If anyone thinks that Mike Brown is just itching to hand Hue Jackson the keys to the castle, after he chose to jump ship to a rival, then you might not have as much insight into this organization as you might think.

Hue Jackson is Marvin Lewis' friend, not Mike Brown's friend.  I'd almost be willing to bet my entire next year's pay, that Bringing in Hue Jackson, after he was canned by the Browns was completely Marvin's idea.  And, it might have been a part of what ultimately led to Mike and Marvin parting ways today.  When the cocky, rookie QB of your in-State rival is trolling your bench up and down the sideline because you brought the loser that jumped ship right on back into the fold, it's just not a good look.

You are just full of common sense Sunset. Love it brother. :andy:
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oh For The Love Of God, Get This Right Mike! - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-31-2018, 06:15 PM