Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I Give Coach Lewis Credit For 7 Play-Off Seasons.
(12-31-2018, 07:45 PM)kevin Wrote: My error.  That was others who blasted me yesterday for posting Bungles season finally coming to and end.  One guy posted several times saying I was trying to win Negative Poster Award.  So today on posting a nice farewell to Coach Lewis, I thought you were that same person, only now saying I'm too positive.  It wasn't you both times, my apology on that mistake.  So I'm glad that season over.  I've been a fan since 1968, so I lived through 1990's Bungles. Last 3 years have been pretty Bungle.  So the 5 straight play-off seasons were a franchise record. I know there were no play-off wins, but in saying Good Bye to Coach Lewis, I do give him credit for the play-off seasons.  2011 may have been his best coaching considering nobody expected play-offs with Carson and Chad gone. 

No problem. He has a complicated legacy.

He came in where other coaches...some HOF like Lebeau failed and had atleast some success. I just don't think the 0-7 in the playoffs can be overlooked. He got there, but he never won 1. By accident, you'd think he'd win one.

We as Bengals fans look at Playoff wins like some white whale that takes all these forces to align. In reality most teams have won 5+ since we last won a single one.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread