Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Free Agents: Who stays, who goes?
(01-01-2019, 12:59 AM)impactplaya Wrote: yeah you make sense. he's always hurt. can finish a full.season. 
the thing is Kroft and Uzomah are at this really good backups. Uzomah has progressed nicely.
he hands are so much better and he can take a hit and secure the baĺl.
hes gotten better at cb blitz pickups.
but C.J still lacks the intangiables to make  the defense pay for putting a LB or S over him in single coverage.
Eifert is a relative bargain. 
Id keep.him around and still draft another TE with the same skill set as Eifert.
let Kroft walk. 
in this day and age of the NFL you need 2 better than average TEs that can do damage.
Maybe with Lewis gone, Eifert can stay healthy as now a new culture can even chase away the injuries 
that have plaqued Eifert.

Eifert isn't a bargain. We paid him $5.5 million this season. He's played over 8 games in 2 out of 6 years.

I'd rather spend that money elsewhere.

Kroft of Uzomah are ok backups for the right price. I don't think either are really good starting quality, but you need backups.

Eifert has back injuries and now this ankle injury. At some point all the injuries will add up and take away his talent. Plus, he can't practice much so that hurts the offense that way.

IF he costed like $2-3 million a year I'd keep him. But for $5.5 million we could sign a REALLY GOOD LB or GUARD.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Free Agents: Who stays, who goes? - THE PISTONS - 01-01-2019, 01:17 AM