Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I Give Coach Lewis Credit For 7 Play-Off Seasons.
(01-01-2019, 10:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think how people view Marvin directly correlates to how old they are and how long they have been fans. I have been a Bengals fan since day 1. I wanted Marvin gone as much as anyone, as I think he peaked, and was heading downhill. But, I have no ill feeling towards the man and wish him well. Everyone is saying 7 trips to the playoffs, and no wins. Yeah, that's pretty bad I guess. But I remember when 2 wins in a season was a lot to hope for. Marvin made this a competitive football team, that on any given day can play and beat any other team in the league. He just didn't seem to be able to get them up for the big game. As a person, I think he is a fine human being, and probably is viewed as a father by a lot of players who came here never having had fathers. They are better men because of him, the team is a better team because of him. Thanks for that, Marvin. Enjoy whatever comes next for you....

(01-01-2019, 12:10 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Marvins downfall was his group of not ready for prime time players and inability to adjust to what other teams were doing. In all the playoff games they were competitive until the wheels came off in the second half. Championship teams have players who step up in critical moments. Sadly Marvin nor his players stepped up when the lights were brightest. Sadly that will be his legacy but he definitely earned it.

(01-01-2019, 02:16 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Marvin deserves a ton of credit for bringing this franchise out of the dark ages and turning them into a contender. That was no easy task, especially given how badly Mike had screwed things up for 12 years before he got here. 

I also give him a lot credit for the '11 to '15 run.

Thank you!!!

Coach Lewis will forever be a part of us, and I for one, will always proudly be a supporter of his time here.

The comments above displays our class as Bengal fans. In the words of Coach Wyche - we are not Cleveland!!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Give Coach Lewis Credit For 7 Play-Off Seasons. - XsandOs - 01-01-2019, 04:00 PM