Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron
(01-01-2019, 05:52 PM)Destro Wrote: Do you think top candidates would want to come here? Out of the other teams out there, and you had a choice ( not saying these guys 100% do ), but if you had a pick, where would you think they would want to go?

We can make jokes about being with the Bengals and staying without winning, but ML was an aberration, in football and sports in general. A decent coach wants to win. They want to look good. They ultimately will lose their job one day, and how would they want that reputation ruined by the Bengals.

I get what you're saying, and understand completely.  However, many true professionals and masters of their craft like and embrace the opportunity to face a challenge that will put their talents and abilities to the test.  There is also a high degree of respect to be earned from one's peer for taking on a position with additional challenges, such as a very "hands on" type of owner, and being able to make it work with some degree of success.  Marvin Lewis might have his faults and limitations, but one thing that I'm completely certain of is that he is very highly respected in the NFL coaching community.  The fact that he lasted 16 years here, and finished with an above .500 record is a pretty solid achievement by NFL standards.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - SunsetBengal - 01-01-2019, 06:10 PM
Bengals interviewing Vance Joseph - bjf123 - 01-01-2019, 10:45 PM