Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lawmakers introduce constitutional amendment to impose term limits on Congress
(01-04-2019, 08:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ranked-choice-voting?  Not so sure about that.  But, one idea that I think would do much better, would be to do away with campaign ads, and mandate that the candidates face each other in a series of televised debates.  Make these debates broadcast to the entire audience of any particular election;  National, State, or Local.  

I would just about guarantee that when the ads disappear, and the only opportunity people will have to learn about the candidates is to actually listen to them orate, we will get not only a much better informed voting populace, but a lot less knee-jerk voters on election day.

I'm not opposed to that, but ultimately I don't think most voters would take the time to watch. As one reader/advertiser told me once 'i don't want to have to read a story, just give me the bullet points.' 

People don't want to spend hours to see what a candidate is about. They want to know who is getting the rose or what the basketball score was.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lawmakers introduce constitutional amendment to impose term limits on Congress - Benton - 01-05-2019, 03:02 AM