Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lawmakers introduce constitutional amendment to impose term limits on Congress
(01-05-2019, 02:59 AM)Benton Wrote: I guess my issue is, I think that's going to happen regardless not because of a lack of knowledge, but a lack of civic responsibility and morals. By and large, Congress is full of corrupt self serving individuals. It's not so much they don't know public good from personal gain , it's just they chose the second every time.

At least if we start shooting the corrupted members through there at a faster rate, we'll get around to electing some people who might not be so self serving. 

But it takes the choice out of the hands of the voters. If there is a corrupt member of Congress, then it is up to the constituents to decide whether or not to give them the boot. Implementing term limits reduces democracy by taking power away from the voters.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lawmakers introduce constitutional amendment to impose term limits on Congress - Belsnickel - 01-05-2019, 08:32 AM