Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Gov. Bill Haslam grants full clemency to Cyntoia Brown
(01-07-2019, 05:19 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Actually, no, that's not how the legal system works.  Crimes have proscribed punishments.  First degree murder coupled with robbery comes with the highest possible punishments.

So not murdered in cold blood but killed in an accident.  While I sympathize with your loss those are not remotely the same thing.

So not first degree murder and he's out on parole now (not probation) after improving himself while detained.  Now that's how the criminal justice system is supposed to work.

I completely agree.  But he also didn't commit first degree murder and robbery.

By sometimes do you mean when you become a cause celeb and people spread deliberate falsehoods about your crime?

Too harsh?  maybe.  You also don't see a single other person agreeing with you on outright clemency.  You want to commute her sentence to twenty-five or thirty years, I think most people could live/agree with that.  Serving fourteen years for first degree murder coupled with robbery is obscene.

I'm not shocked we disagree...lol.

My your god bless you.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gov. Bill Haslam grants full clemency to Cyntoia Brown - GMDino - 01-07-2019, 05:23 PM