Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good God I cant believe im saying this...
(01-07-2019, 06:15 PM)XsandOs Wrote: I doubt Hugh will get consideration as HC outside the Bengals.

To prepare for NFC West and AFC East opponents, Bengals would have to bring aboard coaches who have game prep and CI knowledge of those Teams.

Since no one willingly or by contract will make a lateral move to Bengals, that means promotional moves.

There are three positions - HC, OC and DC (maybe assistant HC).

So Hugh, Joseph, Bowles and Wilks (all fired HCs), could conceivably be be considered for coordinator jobs.

The odd man out is Joseph, as related to next year opponents. Bowles and Wilks could provide CI on AFC East and NFC West, whereas Hugh could do that for Browns and Steelers (via his time with Haley).

The Rams assistants seem like the wild cards here.

Yeah, i want us to wait and get all of our interviews in before us making the selection. Don't want anything to do with Hue, Lazor, Bowles, Wilks even as Coordinators honestly. I know Hue was a decent OC for us but we need to just move on and i think the new HC will want someone he is comfortable with as his OC.

Want the new HC to be either Bienemy, Richard, Monken, McCarthy, Taylor, or Waldron myself. Cause yeah, Taylor and Waldron do seem like the wild cards.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Good God I cant believe im saying this... - 34inXXIII - 01-07-2019, 04:15 PM
RE: Good God I cant believe im saying this... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-07-2019, 06:22 PM