Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Gov. Bill Haslam grants full clemency to Cyntoia Brown
(01-07-2019, 09:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Does giving a 16 year old a 51 year prison term with no parole bring back the dead?

Nope, but it does adequately punish the murderer.

Quote:I agree that her story was BS, but the sentence was too severe for a 16 year old.  And it would not have made any difference if the victim was someon in my family.  Don't know why you are so sympathetic for a dirty old criminal who got killed breaking the law.

I think if you read my posts in this thread I stated that a reduction in sentence would not have been out of order, but fourteen years for 1st degree murder and robbery is obscene.  I'm not sympathetic to the victim's procuring a prostitute in violation of the law.  I am sympathetic to his being murdered in his sleep and then having his possessions stolen.  Unless you're advocating that his crime warranted a death sentence.  Oddly enough, you've agreed with me on this case in the past, I guess you just couldn't resist being contrary where I am concerned.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gov. Bill Haslam grants full clemency to Cyntoia Brown - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 01-07-2019, 09:30 PM