Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bored at Work so I'm Drafting a QB Mock
(01-08-2019, 12:28 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I agree that there should be more quality Quarterbacks next year but I really think Haskins will be a star in this league and we have the 11th pick this year so at least it is in range to move up to grab a franchise QB. What if we end up around 18-20 next year which could have easily happened this year again as well. No playoffs but so far back you are unlikely to get a franchise QB. I won't be mad if we take a Devin White at linebacker or someone like Jonah Williams or another top flight Tackle in the first but if we could get Haskins and know that we had a legit franchise QB I would feel a lot better about the future of this team. There is still a lot of talent on this squad and if you can use Free Agency and the mid rounds to pick up a Right Tackle and Linebacker then I think it is something to think about. Christian Westerman is an upgrade at Right Guard if they will just allow him to play.

In theory sure, but let's take a long look at the QBs in this league that have had success after 1 year of starting in college.  It's not great.  In fact, I can't really think of a guy that is a star or top tier QB.  I wouldn't give up an additional first rounder or a few higher picks to move up to get him.  I just don't see it.  If he's there at 11 or even around 8, then that's a different story.

History is not on his side when it comes to success for similar guys in his situation.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bored at Work so I'm Drafting a QB Mock - Hammerstripes - 01-08-2019, 03:55 PM