Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Todd Monken should get the job
(01-08-2019, 06:57 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: No doubt.  I don't want Vance Joseph OR Hue Jackson.  I know some would be OK with Joseph as DC, but I don't think he did that great of a job as DC.  Hue on the other hand as OC, I would be OK with, since he did do well as an OC while he was here.

I look at it like this.  If the Bengals continue to do what they are doing and having interviews that is OK with me.  Yes I have the guys I want and then guys I would be disappointed with.  If the guys I want decided to sign elsewhere I would not blame the Bengals for not trying, then if they sign a guy that I don't want it would be OK since they are at least TRYING to get someone I consider a good candidate.

What I don't want is for a guy like Monken or Taylor to be available and us sign a guy like Bienemy or Joseph.  I would look at it as more of the same, hell maybe even worse than with Lewis at the helm.

Given this organization's penchant for retaining guys past their expiration date I would be very disappointed if the guy I wanted was overlooked due to the glitz and glamour of a guy that really shouldn't have been in consideration in the first place.

Now if Taylor and Monken decide to go elsewhere and turn us down and we have no choice but to take Bienemy or Joseph or Jackson then I would be less disappointed (even though I know there had to be someone that was more deserving but was overlooked by the flash).  For instance I was intrigued by the prospect of McDaniels (but was just as leery of him since he is the same as Bienemy) however he has decided to forgo being a HC.  It was his decision and not any of the other organizations that reached out to him,  so you can't blame the Bengals for him not being our HC, even though there are people who will try.

The thing about Beinemy is he hasn't been a HC before and is an offensive minded, creative coach.

Joseph was a Head Coach and not a very good one. If it is between these two i take Beinemy every time.

Also Beinemy is more of a big name right now so he might bring in more hot name Coordinators and Assistants.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Todd Monken should get the job - corpjet - 01-07-2019, 09:33 PM
RE: Todd Monken should get the job - McC - 01-07-2019, 09:44 PM
RE: Todd Monken should get the job - jason - 01-07-2019, 09:56 PM
RE: Todd Monken should get the job - McC - 01-07-2019, 09:59 PM
RE: Todd Monken should get the job - bwh - 01-07-2019, 11:00 PM
RE: Todd Monken should get the job - 3wt - 01-08-2019, 04:37 PM
RE: Todd Monken should get the job - Au165 - 01-08-2019, 05:39 PM
RE: Todd Monken should get the job - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-08-2019, 07:06 PM