Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Todd Monken should get the job
(01-08-2019, 07:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I guess we just disagree on Beinemy man.

Think it will take some time but by his 2nd season we should be making a run and we might actually have a chance at a Playoff win with him unlike Marv. Being creative and ahead of the game is what he is known for and he is a great communicator as well just like Taylor.

It is OK to disagree.  I get WHY people are high on him.  However I am not one of those people.  IF I am right about him and he is the selection then I won't be as disappointed when proven right.  I would be mad if we hire him and Taylor or Monken still available and they signed with another squad and that it came to light that we CHOSE Beinemy over them for whatever reason, especially if they were to go onto the postseason and winning in the playoffs, hell even a SB.

Now if you are right about him then great.  However I don't think you are right.  I don't see a Playoff win.  I see us missing the playoffs next year, many will give him a pass, then we miss again with no real improvement, many will give him a pass, because he doesn't have his QB.  Dalton leaves in FA, he drafts his guy, miss the playoffs, many will give him a pass due to having a rookie QB.  Then we miss the playoffs and many will give him a pass saying his QB is just young.  Then we miss the playoffs again and then people will start calling for his removal.

He will get 4 years from many fans and a pass on being a failure, which will be infuriating to me due to calling him out NOW and not after the fact.

Sure Taylor or Monken could fail.  However I get the feeling that with the talent on this team, the odds are that we will actually make the playoffs NEXT year and if not then definitely the following year.  Failing both of those years, no one would be giving them a pass (except maybe the organization).

I get the feeling that with Monken and Taylor the success would be legit them building it.  With Beinemy, any success would be in spite of him and not because of him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Todd Monken should get the job - corpjet - 01-07-2019, 09:33 PM
RE: Todd Monken should get the job - McC - 01-07-2019, 09:44 PM
RE: Todd Monken should get the job - jason - 01-07-2019, 09:56 PM
RE: Todd Monken should get the job - McC - 01-07-2019, 09:59 PM
RE: Todd Monken should get the job - bwh - 01-07-2019, 11:00 PM
RE: Todd Monken should get the job - 3wt - 01-08-2019, 04:37 PM
RE: Todd Monken should get the job - Au165 - 01-08-2019, 05:39 PM
RE: Todd Monken should get the job - YsCascadia - 01-08-2019, 08:13 PM