Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bored at Work so I'm Drafting a QB Mock
(01-08-2019, 10:26 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I like it. I know the right side of the line is trash but if the Bengals really want to eventually make a playoff run they are going to also have to invest in a different QB. Instead of waiting another year or two I would go ahead and get somebody in here right now and it would be nice if that guy was Haskins. Go sign somebody at Right Guard or Right Tackle and as you mocked here you can also turn around and find a starting lineman in the 3rd round. Last year I was hoping that guy would be Orlando Brown who was the starter for the Ravens this year but we passed on him. The Bengals plan should be to hire the right coach (not in house) and then get the QB of the future, and improve the line and LB with mid round picks and free agents.

Yea that was my thinking, we grab the top QB who has looked great in college and pair him with the new coach.

(01-08-2019, 11:19 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The reality of getting Haskins is that in order to get him, you are going to need to get up in the top 5.  That's a lot of draft capital.

I'd rather use the model we had back in the early 2000s.  Get a great O-line and worry about the QB.

Next year will be a lot easier to get a QB as there are going to be more than just 1 top tier guy.

How did that model work for us back in the 2000s? 

I also do not think it will be easier to get a QB next year. Where we are right now we can move up to the top 5 without giving up a ridiculous amount. 

Now next year we have a MUCH easier schedule, Dalton will still be here and the defense SHOULD be better. We were 4-1 with Austin at D coordinator before we got hit by a ton of injuries. I would bet good money we will be picking 15-25 next year which means we miss out on the top QBs and have to give up a TON more to move up into the top 5 to get our guy IF we can trade up to take the top guys, this year we have this chance because the top 5 teams aren't QB needy.

Next year the top 3 could be the Giants, Jags, and Redskins who all still need QB and we miss out on all of them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bored at Work so I'm Drafting a QB Mock - BobJones4980 - 01-08-2019, 09:45 PM