Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Everyone Against Building The Wall- Part 2
(01-09-2019, 08:49 PM)hollodero Wrote: Sure, one could always just give into any demand. This time 5 billion for a wall that isn't planned, there's no concept, it's a concrete wall one time, some kind of huge spears the other time, maybe a solar wall, maybe a see-through wall so people don't get slayed by drugs thrown over. Ah, Trump will know what's best of all these suggestions of his. Next time, who knows, maybe Trump wants funding for a huge Trump waterpark or whatever. One could always blame democrats for not caving. 

But then again, you had an election and 60% voted democrat, which was a "mandate" to not build a wall. And you have bills with bipartisan support that would pass both houses.

As for DACA, I don't really know, I always thought in the end the McConnell "promise" didn't do much. But I wouldn't know who to blame. I know the government opened again and that it could open now if Trump only signed a bill that has border security in it, but no funding for a wall a majority does not want.

It's funny how we'll twist things to support our stances. Trump won the election, one of his promises was to build a wall, and even though the price has dropped from $25 Billion to $5 Billion the house still says no and some how that's a compromise. But the fact that Trump won't sign a bill that includes funding for the wall, he's not compromising. Hell you even poke fun of the fact that he's willing to compromise on the materials to reduce cost. 

Your support for majority rule is admirable. Do you think that stance could ever change depending on what the majority wants.

You don't know about DACA because folks stopped talking about it.

The facts are simple and folks can squeal all they want: The Dems will not give $5 Bill for a barrier along the southern border solely because of whose asking for it. I could give 2 damns if they construct a border, but let's not try to play like the Dems are doing the "right" thing here. They give less than a damn about the government worker that's going to miss a pay check in 2 days; as do the GOP; simply because it's a partical shutdown.

But it won't be long until folks stop receiving SNAP and other entitlements. At that point the Dems will have to relent as you will be affecting their base. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Everyone Against Building The Wall- Part 2 - bfine32 - 01-09-2019, 09:52 PM