Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It sounds like HC Announcement coming today!
(01-10-2019, 04:26 PM)PhilHos Wrote: IIRC, it's an actual NFL rule that a team cannot stop a coach from leaving for a higher position with another club. Now, i don't know if offering more to stay would break that rule, but I'd think the only way the Chiefs could keep Bieniemy is by offering him a promotion (the old "assistant HC" kind of thing).

Agree, as far as I know a coach can't be stopped from leaving unless under a contract that would do so.  Since Bieniemy is being considered and has been allowed interviews that must not be the case.  But the point I was making was that Josh McDaniels agreed to the Colts as head coach.  Then at the last minute, even after the Colts hired coaches McDaniels wanted, he balked and went back to the Patriots as OC.  He was not officially offered a promotion by the Patriots.  He just said, "screw you guys, I'm staying home." So until the coach is signed and is the office I'm going to wait to see what happens.

I don't think another potential head coach would do the same as McDaniels especially since McDaniel's agent at the time decided not to represent him after that. But you never know.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: It sounds like HC Announcement coming today! - George Cantstandya - 01-10-2019, 04:42 PM