Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The literal definition of fake news propaganda
(01-11-2019, 01:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This statement is silly.  No one with an IQ approaching room temperature thought Mexico would directly pay for the wall (I'm sure you won't be able to resist the obvious retort here).

He could. I can't. Because indeed, many folks on these Trump rallies don't fulfil that requirement. And when they shouted Mexico will pay for the wall enthusiastically and repeatedly, they didn't think about some indirect way via "better trade deals" and such. Remittance fees (that was a Trump plan back then) was too high a concept for most.

(01-11-2019, 01:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Regardless, not being able to get Mexico to directly pay would not be a "flat out lie".

I don't know, that's a Trump friendly perspective, but fair enough. Trump does flat out lie all the time though. About things small and big. At some point, the assertion that Trump is lieing permanently can no longer be seen as partisan or offensive or a smear.

(01-11-2019, 01:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So it doesn't concern you that a news outlet is deliberately doctoring footage of the POTUS for political purposes?  That's disconcerting to say the least.

A display of fake disconcern? The rhetorical tricks were less cheap once. It's not about endorsing that silly action, not at all. But about putting it in perspective.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The literal definition of fake news propaganda - hollodero - 01-11-2019, 04:33 PM