Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The literal definition of fake news propaganda
(01-11-2019, 04:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have never seen such insolence over a campaign promise that a candidate was unable to keep.

Really?
Even I know that Bush sr. raised taxes after saying he won't. I have heard Obama's "can keep your doctor" about a thousand times now. But in the case of Trump, it's not so much insolence over a broken promise. It's sheer bewilderment how Trump voters still back up his shutting down government over a wall that was supposed to be paid a different way.

(01-11-2019, 04:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is it possible to lie about something that has not yet happened? Or is it simply unable to fulfill a promise.

Maybe it wasn't so much a lie as it was a stupid hyperbole or a primitive slogan. OK. But Trump lies about everything, so benefit of alternative perspectives doesn't come into play any more. He even lies about conversations with leaders telling him to rake the forests or how former presidents told him not building a wall was a big mistake on their part and whatnot. He lies about everything, so.

(01-11-2019, 04:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I know saying he "lied" makes it look worse, but surely we're better than that around here..........aren't we?

No, I'm not. He is a liar, a repeated liar, a pathological liar and I don't feel I'm going out on a limb with that statement.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The literal definition of fake news propaganda - hollodero - 01-11-2019, 05:19 PM