Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The literal definition of fake news propaganda
(01-11-2019, 05:19 PM)hollodero Wrote: 1. Really?
Even I know that Bush sr. raised taxes after saying he won't. I have heard Obama's "can keep your doctor" about a thousand times now. But in the case of Trump, it's not so much insolence over a broken promise. It's sheer bewilderment how Trump voters still back up his shutting down government over a wall that was supposed to be paid a different way.

2. Maybe it wasn't so much a lie as it was a stupid hyperbole or a primitive slogan. OK. But Trump lies about everything, so benefit of alternative perspectives doesn't come into play any more. He even lies about conversations with leaders telling him to rake the forests or how former presidents told him not building a wall was a big mistake on their part and whatnot. He lies about everything, so.

3. No, I'm not. He is a liar, a repeated liar, a pathological liar and I don't feel I'm going out on a limb with that statement.
1. Exactly and I consider them all to be campaign promises that could not be fulfilled. I just do not remember the same level of insolence and "he lied to you, how can you still support him rube?".

2. Sure he lies; however, even he cannot lie about the future. He can be wrong.

3. Nah, you'd just be going out on a limb to call this unfilled (to date) campaign promise a lie.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The literal definition of fake news propaganda - bfine32 - 01-11-2019, 06:11 PM