Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The literal definition of fake news propaganda
(01-11-2019, 06:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 3. Nah, you'd just be going out on a limb to call this unfilled (to date) campaign promise a lie.

Sure, that is my take. Mexico will pay for it was a lie to me. Now one could also say it's not that, merely a risky announcement, he meant to hold it, it didn't work, he's not at fault etc. - these would be the most Trump friendliest takes.
I always find it odd though (in this and in 1.000 other instances) how not-Trump supporters are supposed to choose the least nefarious possibility, no matter how likely, and base their assertion on that. I admittedly won't. When someone lies that often and that casually, demonstrably and obviously, I don't give him any benefit of the doubt, I call him a liar that says untruths all the time.

In that sense, sure it isn't about the wall alone. It's a symptom. Of Trump saying whatever works with a crowd without any regard of truth or feasibility. And that might also be why the "insolence" is so particularly high with things like these. Because it's so typical. (I wouldn't call it insolence though, but as I said, genuine bewilderment on how said crowd can still be so unequivocally behind him.)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The literal definition of fake news propaganda - hollodero - 01-11-2019, 06:45 PM