Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private"
(01-12-2019, 03:30 PM)GMDino Wrote:
This so sad and awful.  The leaders of the GOP (and many of their elected officials) have completely capitulated to the POTUS to the point that they are afraid and will not do their jobs.

Yeah, Senator Graham has been like "whoa whoa whoa, we cannot vote against the will of the president!" Meanwhile, that has happened a ton in the past twenty years.

The issue right now is that Trump's popularity is high among Republican voters, which means that other Republicans in power fear going against him. However, this is all causing a decline in the number of people considering themselves Republicans as they are shifting towards calling themselves independents. So is Trump that popular and the party has gone that far, or are the numbers falsely inflated because of a smaller Republican base? Either way, Republicans in Congress have not been acting as a co-equal branch of government. They are ignoring their duties in favor of partisanship.

I am not joking or trying to be hyperbolic when I say that I view this as a threat to our Constitution. Our government is not functioning as it was designed to and it is because of hyper-partisanship.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private" - Belsnickel - 01-12-2019, 03:45 PM