Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So, afer 16 years, what does a total coaching revamp get us??
(01-12-2019, 07:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If you listen to the players and coaches, they forget the cameras are there after about the 1st day. The cameras in the meeting rooms are small wall mounted units, and on the practice field there's always multiple cameras filming every practice. Fans make more of it than it really is...

There is a reason the NFL started the rule in 2013 that would require certain teams to be on Hard Knocks if assigned.  That reason was a lack of teams that volunteered.  If it is not such an issue I wonder why the NFL made a rule to require certain teams to participate? It seems they did so because I bet many teams don't want to be part of that distraction.

Small cameras or not, this or that, it is certainly a distraction even if a minor one knowing you are being filmed and watched constantly for a major TV program.  With an almost entire new coaching staff I think there are going to be enough distractions already for coaches, veteran players and the new players.  There will be new systems to learn, new coaches to become comfortable with, and a slew of other new information for the players and coaches to have to deal with.  The last thing I think they need is to wonder how they might be depicted on Hard Knocks.  With the new revamp of the coaching staff and all that it involves I can't imagine being on Hard Knocks is at the top of the Bengals wish list list or even on the list at all. Of course if the NFL offers Mike Brown a big enough check for doing so, you never know, haha.

Plus there are 5 teams that can be forced to be on Hard Knocks this year based on the criteria: Lions, Raiders, Giants, 49ers and Redskins. My guess would be the Raiders since Jon Gruden is the head coach and all that drama it has brought.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, afer 16 years, what does a total coaching revamp get us?? - George Cantstandya - 01-12-2019, 07:40 PM