Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Steps a High Ranking Traitor Would Take
(01-16-2019, 06:44 PM)Dill Wrote: A second warm water port. 

Not sure how Obama "let" Putin annex the Crimea, as if that were simply his call. And Putin does not seem to think the international sanctions he incurred were "minimal consequence" as he has been working actively to lift them--in part through contact with members of Trump's campaign. 
Viewed through Putin's eyes, looks to me like Obama has been an obstacle to the Kremlin, not a facilitator, if Obama's diplomacy helped engineer these costly sanctions.

Does he dislike the sanctions, to be sure.  Will they go away one day and will Russian still own the Crimea?  Yup.  Obama's diplomacy wasn't required to engineer these sanctions, sanctions was the bare minimum that was going to happen following the annexation.  So Obama's huge diplomatic achievement was to get the bare minimum reaction.

Quote:If Trump has become a Russian asset, mightn't that be a bigger coup--perhaps the biggest in the history of espionage? 
................................................................................................................................................................................................

If this was true, absolutely.  I see nothing but liberal wishful thinking in this regard.

Quote:So we have one vote for Obama here, and one action to consider. 

Anyone out there think Trump's actions or policies have served Russian national interests to the detriment of American? Remember, the key is to view this from Putin's perspective.

I'd prefer to view things from America's perspective, seeing as how that's the country I'm a citizen of and Trump is POTUS of.  Some of our actions will benefit Russia, some of them will not.  That doesn't mean Trump is "compromised" as you put it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steps a High Ranking Traitor Would Take - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 01-16-2019, 08:15 PM