Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Steps a High Ranking Traitor Would Take
(01-16-2019, 08:15 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'd prefer to view things from America's perspective, seeing as how that's the country I'm a citizen of and Trump is POTUS of.  Some of our actions will benefit Russia, some of them will not.  That doesn't mean Trump is "compromised" as you put it.

Imagine a team of intel experts (that is the scenario I posited here) working up estimate for adapting our Syrian policy to recent events.  One  suggests a red cap exercise.  "How does Syria look from Putin's angle? Where does he see our strengths and weaknesses? What are his assests? Where might he be willing to challenge us, or not?"  And the point of doing that would be to anticipate something overlooked or missed altogether when Syria is viewed solely from the American perspective; it would not be an invitation to somehow just be "Russian instead of American."  Then the issue of whether "some policies benefit Russia and some not" would not be left to chance.

But one guy in the room says "I prefer to view things from America's perspective, seeing as how that's the country I'm a citizen of," and walks out of the room, apparently ready to leave policy to chance.

I'd hardly know what to say. 

I didn't "put it" that Trump was compromised.I merely suggested an analytic framework in which people could operate with known facts and actions, then asked for input. My Trump question was framed as a conditional.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steps a High Ranking Traitor Would Take - Dill - 01-16-2019, 10:51 PM