Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now, the truth starts to emerge from some of the veterans..
(09-22-2015, 09:38 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Perhaps the education you receive from watching this video will cause you to have a change of heart...from being disgusted to at least having understanding why America is the worlds policeman.

Have understanding first, then refute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=176KRhEAgUs

He didn't sway me. I've heard these arguments before and they don't justify anything to anyone who is not already on the hawkish neocon bandwagon.

Yes, ISIS came in after we left. What was keeping them at bay before we got there? The man we took out of power. The same man we backed decades ago, and then he turned around and invaded Kuwait, who we then had to protect. See where I'm going with this? Every example in the Middle East of things like this are a result of our meddling in the region. If we didn't meddle in the first place, we wouldn't have to step in to be the police of the region.

I get it, you're in favor of a large federal government with imperialistic tendencies. That's fine, you're entitled to that viewpoint. Doesn't mean I will ever think it is the right thing to do. For every foreign affairs expert saying what that guy is saying, there is one saying the opposite.

Of course, the other part of that I find funny is the people that want us to not be a part of the U.N., to get rid of it entirely, are the ones that complain it isn't a strong enough power. Well, here's an idea, if we are supposed to be such a large global influence, then why don't we try to actually help the U.N. along? Our hypocrisy with the U.N., in trying to tell other countries that they should follow these guidelines and then laughing in the face of the organization when it suits our needs is one of our largest foreign affairs failures.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Now, the truth starts to emerge from some of the veterans.. - Belsnickel - 09-22-2015, 10:14 AM