Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New offense under Taylor, whats it look like ?
(01-17-2019, 03:33 PM)McC Wrote: The maddening thing is if you look at what he did so well in college, why did the Bengals do none of it?  Makes no sense.  When they ran him deep, it was usually to the middle of the field.  They seldom ran him down the sidelines when they sent him deep.

There just seemed to be too much of this is our offense, we're gonna just fit him into it.  If that was the intent, then drafting him truly was a stupid move.

Getting a clean release off the line in the pro's is much different then in college. I mentioned that in my assessment of him coming out. I was concerned with his ability to beat press man early and thought he'd be best used in motion from stacked formations. The other area of struggle since he has been in the NFL is sight adjustments to coverages. He was never asked to read coverages in college and his created issues with his ability to make changes on the fly and him and Andy to be on the same page.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New offense under Taylor, whats it look like ? - Au165 - 01-17-2019, 03:38 PM