Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a word about the Bengals.....and I like it.
(09-22-2015, 10:39 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Your last sentence makes 0 sense. I "defend" him because I think it's great that he could walk away from millions of dollars for something that he obviously felt strongly about. Most people would just stick around and ride it out for the money and fear of not making it elsewhere. Carson didn't care. He obviously had issues with people in the organization and he sat at home. I know a lot of people that wish they could do the same thing in their lives. I don't know how horrible Marvin is to play for, but Carson Palmer obviously had issues with him. I don't know why this is so hard to understand.

You're free to feel the way you do, but don't be surprised when people point out that you seem butthurt over it. If you didn't care, you wouldn't be arguing about it this much. So do you care or not? I'm guessing you'll post again, so you do care. You're butthurt, and I'm sorry that you feel that way. Carson hurt your feelings, but I'll still root for the guy regardless of your thoughts. He didn't hurt my feelings whatsoever.

You apologize for him because you obviously think he was justified in leaving.  Why speculate on his reasons for leaving or give him the benefit of the doubt when he is quoted himself as calling them "selfish"?  "Selfish" isn't a word generally used by team-first types of guys.  He quit because he was selfish.  He didn't want to be part of the turnaround so he quit.  He obviously had no intentions on "retiring".  That was the only leverage he had to force a trade off the team.  Are you really that naive?  I know you aren't.

And indeed I'm free to feel he is a quitter and do.  I'm no more "butt hurt" about it than any reasonable person who would call themselves a fan of the Bengals would be.  I don't know many Bengals fans who will be actively rooting for Carson.  Carson certainly wasn't rooting for the Bengals was he?  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Not a word about the Bengals.....and I like it. - WhoDeyWho - 09-22-2015, 10:56 AM