Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The House to investigate claims that Trump told Cohen to lie to Congress
(01-18-2019, 10:10 PM)Millhouse Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-latest-muellers-office-says-buzzfeed-report-inaccurate/ar-BBSrfxA?

Probably won't stop some of them from investigating though.

Probably, but they should stop the investigation. When the news broke, I completely get going for the investigation. Even though Cohen is absolutely a lying *******, it was worthy of being investigated. However, now that Mueller has said that wasn't the case they just need to call it off. There really were a bunch of people jumping all over this story, but we just need to calm down and wait for Mueller to do his thing.

Edit: I would add, though, that there are some people that are pointing to the specific language from Mueller's team on this and saying that it was more about saying this was not something that was coming from their office, but rather the SDNY. Honestly, I don't know. BuzzFeed is sticking to their guns on this, too. This is a shit show to say the least.

Edit again: One of my favorite go-to actual Twitter lawyers doesn't think it's the whole "not-us, but SDNY" thing. He did have this to say (it is a 3 tweet thread):
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: The House to investigate claims that Trump told Cohen to lie to Congress - Belsnickel - 01-18-2019, 11:33 PM