Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals depth versus rest of the league
(09-22-2015, 01:33 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Many people talk about the upcoming contracts as if they are new money on top of what is already being paid.  It's not... the player's current contract comes off the books.  Some people will actually make less than they currently do, some people the team will not even try to bring back.  Not to mention the salary cap is going to continue to rise because of new television deals.

There is no question at all, the Brown family knows how to run a business.  They are excellent business people.

I agree, there is no doubt in my mind being forced to spend their share of the league cap played a part, but once given the new rules, they have adapted and excelled while others have not. I see Ravens fans spout we lost guys because they did not want to overpay, I cite BS and say players are walking due to poor cap management which eventually can kill your depth and the quality of your starters.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals depth versus rest of the league - Luvnit2 - 09-22-2015, 01:39 PM