Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Left-Wing Media Is Ruining My High School
(01-21-2019, 01:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I disagree here. I think the behavior of some of them was out of line when you look at all of the events in that incident in context. Now, the level of the response to it all was highly uncalled for. Doxxing, threats of violence, these are not things that should be done to anyone, let alone a teenager that was caught up in a rough situation and hasn't matured enough to know how best to handle it. But there is a huge difference between having an issue with their behavior and engaging in those activities.

An adult manufactured an encounter with a group of teenagers.  The kids responded to being taunted by another group by singing their school song.  They deny chanting "build that wall" and the complete video does not show them doing so.  Considering these are teenagers deliberately put in an awkward confrontation by an adult I think they handled themselves well.  What's your opinion on his weaponized smirk btw?

(01-21-2019, 01:52 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Personally, I have no issue with kids. They are kids and they do what kids do. If their parents and adults in their lives fill their minds with certain thoughts, such as the need for children to appear at political rallies, becoming indoctrinated in religious or political ideologies or even racist, sexist or other behaviors, then that really isn't the kids' fault.

Knowing you for as long as I have I'm certain you have the exact same reaction to parents bringing their kids to the women's march as well.   That being said, teenagers are able to form their own opinions, and frequently rebel against those of their parents.  I'm not saying they always have well thought out opinions, but they're old enough to have their own, separate from their parents.

Quote:The fault would lie with the adults who feel so incredibly insecure in the base tenets and merits of whatever belief they are pressing that they feel it necessary to force feed it to a younger generation (since, obviously, they won't pick it up on their own in the future if it isn't forced down their throats).

Eh, I think you're going way too far here.  My parents made me go to church until I turned eighteen.  They did so because it was important to them that I was exposed to their religion.  It didn't work, I've never been to church since I turned eighteen, but I can understand their reasoning.  Part of being a parent is providing a solid moral and social framework for them to grow from.  Being conservative isn't analogous to being in the Westboro Baptist Church or being a radical islamist.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Left-Wing Media Is Ruining My High School - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 01-21-2019, 02:08 PM