Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals depth versus rest of the league
(09-22-2015, 01:36 PM)Luvnit Wrote: I hope we have no injuries, but if we do, I feel we are better equipped each year. I don't think any team survives the number of injuries at our pass catching positions we endured in 2014. It was just a weird year watching Jones, Eifert, Green, Gresham, Wright, Smith (3rd TE) and others be gone during the year early or gone by the playoff game.

I'm sure we'll have to deal with injuries, I'm just hoping it's not as severe as last year. This year we are more equipped to deal with them. But obviously, we don't want any of our key players hurt. Last year there were just too many key players out, and even backups behind those key players.. We're still playing well without Burfict, but if we lost another key player or two I'd be getting nervous. I'm confident he'll be back and ready to go for the Steelers though, and be able to play into the post-season.

Our linebackers aren't really playing all that well without him; Burfict will definitely give that group a lift. I'm beginning to wonder if PJ Dawson might be better at playing the run than any of our starting three backers right now. He does need to gain some experience and more confidence from the coaching staff. But maybe they need to try him out so he can gain that experience in a game? Once he comes on, him and Burfict will be something special.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals depth versus rest of the league - Bengalstripes9 - 09-22-2015, 02:02 PM