Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop using "hate" when you mean "disagreement" (An opinion piece)
Seem whenever some publically "attacks" someone else for their stance one side or the other accuses them of "hate".

That word is being as dulled as some on the right say #metoo is.

Are there those that hate?  Of course.  Big world, lots of opinions, lots of idiots.  Gonna happen.

But just because someone vehemently disagrees with a stance you share does not mean they "hate" you.

Hate is what White Supremacists feel for minorities in the US.
Hate is what Nzais felt for the Jews and "undesireables".
Hate is what Malcolm X felt toward the Jews.

Most people don't "hate" minorities or immigrants...they just want to keep "their country".  It's fear of change...not hate...whether they recognize it or not.
Most people don't "hate" Trump...they disagree with him and get so emotionally involved in how he acts and the things he (may have and) has done that they fall back on it to explain their feeling.

Hate is a STRONG word that should not slopped in with "disagree".

Calling names is childish...but I don't consider it "hate".  I *DO* feel it takes away anything else the person who uses them is arguing.  If you can't make a coherent statement without calling the other side names you are too emotionally invested in the argument to think clearly anyway. (My personal opinion.)

"Hate" is being used way too much...and I think it shows more about the people who use it as a crutch to support their arguments than the people they are accusing.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
Stop using "hate" when you mean "disagreement" (An opinion piece) - GMDino - 01-22-2019, 10:19 AM