Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private"
https://www.newsweek.com/shutdown-lara-trump-federal-workers-furloughed-border-wall-1300775?fbclid=IwAR2SnDY8iC4enYY6EOOaAkx3xSWxciOD-cVCrLXPe1Q5j2R7YW4Ley5HSAc

U.S.

Quote:The 800,000 furloughed federal employees and 400,000 working without pay due to the government shutdown over $5 billion dollars in funding for a wall on the U.S. southern border are going through “a little bit of pain,” but “this is so much bigger than any one person” said Lara Trump, campaign adviser and daughter-in-law to President Donald Trump and wife to Eric Trump, to right-leaning web show Bold TV on Monday.

“We get that this is unfair to you, but this is so much bigger than any one person. It is a little bit of pain, but it’s going to be for the future of our country and their children and their grandchildren and generations after that will thank them for their sacrifice right now,” said Trump.

Lara Trump, who hosts Trump Production's Real News Update acknowledged that federal workers were unable to pay their bills and rent, but said that in the end, it would be worth it.

“I know it’s hard, I know they have bills to pay, they have mortgages, they have rents that are due, but the president is trying every single day to come up with a good solution here and the reality is it’s been something that has gone on for too long and gone unaddressed,” she said. “I would just tell them, please stay strong, we appreciate everything that you’re sacrificing, we’re behind you and we are going to do everything that we can, I know the president is doing everything he can to resolve this quickly.”

As the shutdown rounds out its first full month, the president and Senate have rejected multiple bills passed by Democrats in the House to reopen the government and begin paying federal workers again. “I can’t tell you when the government’s going to be open. I can tell you it’s not going to be open until we have a wall or fence, whatever they’d like to call it,” the president told reporters last month. The president and Democratic leadership have not met to negotiate in 10 days.

President Trump meanwhile, insists that federal workers believe in the wall and are happy to forego their paychecks to fight for it. A recent survey by the Government Business Council and GovExec.com found that 7 in 10 federal employees were against a shutdown and only about 30 percent of federal workers support a wall.

Kevin Hassett, Trump’s top economic adviser, said last week that federal employees were better off because of the shutdown since they did not have to use their personal vacation days over the Christmas holidays.

Those Trump's...they really get the average worker.

And by "get" I mean enjoy screwing.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private" - GMDino - 01-23-2019, 01:15 AM