Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official. Reds add Sonny Gray to Roark & Wood Added.
Over the past few years Reds pitching was lucky to get to the 3rd time around. They typically were getting chased out by the 4th inning or sooner.
While I doubt the starting lineup will all be in Cy Young contention they will be giving many more innings with hopefully a lot fewer homeruns, doubles and triples. 
At this point I feel pretty darn good about the team over all. Nobody knows how good or bad they're going to do, but they certainly won't be as horrible as the past few years.
The lineup as I see it for now will be:
1st;Votto
2nd; Gennett, possibly even Senzel if Gennett gets hurt or just plain stinks it up
SS; Peraza
3rd; Suarez
LF; Kemp
RF; You Pickem.. Puig, Shebler, Winker
CF; ? Could be the kid Senzel, possibly Trammel, Puig (I'd love to see Trammel come up and knock the cover off the ball and stick)
C; Barnhart, Casali
I don't particularly like the idea of making Senzel into a regular CFer. I'd much rather see him in the infield, same as India.. It greatly depends on how the established starters actually do as the season progresses.. 
SP, Gray, Roark, Wood, Castillo and any one of about 4 others.. 
Just because guys have had good or even great seasons, Gennett, Suarez, etc, doesn't mean they won't have down years and the young guns should get their chances to move up if that happens..  Let's at least hope so.. How many times have we seen players have down years and yet stick at their positions all season hitting .238 or somewhere in that range? It needs to change to keep the competition hot all season long. This kind of goes along with keeping Connor Joe active as well as Farmer. Sounds like a pretty potent bench this season.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official. Reds add Sonny Gray to Roark & Wood Added. - grampahol - 01-23-2019, 05:49 AM