Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Guy Just Raised The Cost Of An HIV Drug By 5000%
(09-22-2015, 02:54 PM)Benton Wrote: From what I understand, Shkreli is manipulating the REMS so the FDA won't allow for a generic form. Even then, some insurance forms won't accept a generic.

I don't know what REMS means, but I think I get the idea.

Can a different drug company now develop their own drug that does the same thing though?

The drug has been out long enough, I don't understand why a different drug company can't develop their own drug. It takes a while to get a drug approved, I know and a company might not want to waste resources and money developing something that won't make a decent profit.

I'm wondering if this company raised the price of this drug to lure competitors to waste time, resources and money developing their own drug then when this other company is about to release the drug, the first company drops the price below what the second company has to price theirs at.

I don't know, that scenerio seems kind of a waste, but I'm a cynic and I don't trust anyone with anything at any time, lol.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: This Guy Just Raised The Cost Of An HIV Drug By 5000% - Nebuchadnezzar - 09-22-2015, 04:33 PM