Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was Ending The Shutdown Honorable?!
(01-28-2019, 01:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So that government employees could get paid so that families aren't suffering.  I kind of thought that that was obviously my point.

What percentage of employees don't get backpay?  

People may not understand the government shutdown and how it effects the economy, but people also don't see how the wall will help the economy in the long run and how it will improve our country.

It's not overwhelming that people are against him on the wall (something like 45% for an 55% opposed the last I saw), and how many people opposed are Democrats who oppose it just because he's Republican or minorities who see it as oppression? I don't know anyone that has been polled.

Ehh, a few things I take from this.  If Trump and his followers care about government employees suffering, why then will they cheer when Trump shuts down the government, once and then again?  Also, we elected Trump because he's the best salesman and negotiator and yet you find it excusable that he can't convince the vast  majority of Americans to support the building of what you see as an essential and money-creating wall? As you describe it, this wall should sell itself, and yet the greatest salesman alive can't get people to buy into it.

I just don't get it.  Maybe he can convince the 45% of people who actually want the wall to pay for it, themselves.  Make it happen, Dealmaster!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Was Ending The Shutdown Honorable?! - Nately120 - 01-28-2019, 01:59 PM